Saturday 28 June 2014

Brick Delivery

Our bricks and sand for mortar were delivered yesterday (Friday) in readiness for brickies to start work Wednesday. I had to run up and have a look at the bricks to make sure they were the right ones at first as they looked a lot lighter on their sides. We chose these bricks as we had seen them on multiple houses (built) that looked good. They are an neutral brick. Not too dark that the light render would look out of place, but with enough variation that they will look and suit the house style. Lets face it, bricks are not the most attractive things! They do look slightly lighter than some versions we have seen, but I think this will work with our render facade and our landscaping. I told my husband that the sand had been delivered and he asked if it was white. I had forgotten it should look it (does it??!!) as we chose off white mortar. How would you know if the sand is off white or natural?! 

Bricks - Boral Mocha (Cat 4)


Mortar - Off White

Boral Mocha Bricks


You can see the lightness at the sides - gives nice variance at the corners
(I stalked a building site, prior to our colour selections and the brickies working on that build gave me a sample - so I'm confident they are the right colour!!) 


Colour Selections - with Bricks

Off White Sand?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment