Thursday 8 May 2014

Breaking Ground!!

Monumental day today! Our house has started!! It is such a surreal feeling. I knew we would be excited but I'm like a kid in a lolly shop! I got an email from our CLE this morning to say that the site scrape had been booked for this morning. It had been booked for the previous Thursday but the weather has held things up. She said the slab date will remain and this is the reason they leave the dates so far apart (in case of inclement weather). It was pure excitement watching it unfold! The girls and I wondered around this morning watching the trucks, then had a picnic over the road at lunch (the truck driver must have wondered who the weirdos were!!) and then tonight it was done! 

Not sure what happens next. I actually expected there was some kind of screening as its obviously just the trucks work today. You can see the indents for the portico and the alfresco. Not sure how I feel about the cut in terms of the slope. Actually, to be honest it looks a little frightening. I think we are going to have some serious earth moving to do. I know there is more to be done before the building goes up but it's a decent gradient. Calling all earth movers!


The beginning


All done for the day 



Rubbish bin, been added. Expecting fencing to go up in the next few days.

Here she is!

Portico indent - I think! 

Alfresco area with the 'Great Wall' behind!

From the side 

Party in Our House!

Ready to go! So excited!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment